Hello December! Bring on the holidays and the start to winter and a new year.
December can be such a great month, as long as you plan it well and execute the plan with precision. After all, there are decorations to be put up, shopping to be done, bowl games to watch, family to be entertained, holidays to be enjoyed, meetings to be scheduled and — if there is time left — relaxing to be done. Meetings to be scheduled?! Well, that is if you are planning to build your dream home in 2020.
December is a busy month, but there are ways to get all of this done. Here is a link to a helpful article for some assistance, because we want you to enjoy this time of year.
Now, back to the idea of meeting with builders during this time of year. If 2020 is your year to build or do a major renovation of your current home, contact us now. We usually have some holes in our schedule during the holiday season. We like to fill this
time with discussing potential construction projects for the coming year. If this is you, print out some pictures and make a list of priorities, because we want to hear your ideas. We can then help guide you in the process, making it an easy one, because it should be a good one, from start to finish.
While you’re planning your December schedule, be sure to take in some of the fun opportunities in the greater Hagerstown, MD area. Click on this link to pick and choose from all the great events. We hope your holiday season is a great one!
December Dates to Remember
December is derived from the Latin word decem, which means “ten” because it was the tenth month of the early Roman calendar.
- December 6 is Saint Nicholas Day. St. Nicholas, the patron saint of children, inspires traditions around the world from hunts for presents to stockings or shoes filled with sweets.
- December 7 is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. remembering those who died during this attack by the Japanese in Hawaii.
- December 13 is St. Lucia’s Day, which has long been associated with festivals of light.
- December 15 is Bill of Rights Day, declared in 1941 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- December 21 is the Winter Solstice — the first day of winter in the Northern Hemisphere and first day of summer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- December 24 is Christmas Eve, the night before Christmas, marked with many family and church gatherings.
- December 26 is Boxing Day (Canada, UK).
- Hanukkah begins at sundown on Sunday, December 22, and ends at sundown on the 30th.
- December 31 is New Years Eve, ushering out of the old year and welcoming the new one.
December is for Meeting with Mt. Tabor Builders
If you would like to meet to discuss your upcoming project, contact us here or call our Clear Spring, MD office at (301) 766-7161. We build houses, renovate houses and build major additions throughout the Tri-state area of Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. We work in Hagerstown, Clear Spring, Sharpsburg, Boonsboro, Mercersburg, Greencastle, Berkeley Springs, etc…
Click here to see a gallery of our custom homes, additions and outdoor living spaces.
Our sister company — MTB Windows and More — specializes in all types of home improvement work, replacement windows and home repair.